News"The Situation In APC Surulere Is Troubling" - Desmond Elliott

“The Situation In APC Surulere Is Troubling” – Desmond Elliott

spot_img

By Akinwale Kasali 

Access Bank Advert

 

Less than 48 hours to the All Progressives Congress, APC, Primary for State House of Assembly, Hon. Desmond Olusola Elliott, representing Surulere 1 Constituency has alleged plot by some leaders of the Party in Surulere of intimidation, political victimisation and attempts to manipulate the party’s forthcoming primaries.

 

In a viral video circulated on Sunday, the lawmaker alleged that party members were being coerced and threatened to support a preferred aspirant ahead of the APC primaries scheduled for May 20, 2026.

 

The Filmmaker turn politician alleged that some Local Government officials had allegedly been removed from their positions because of their support for him, describing the situation within the Surulere APC as unfair and troubling.

 

“Intimidation, coercion, twisting and forcing people to follow their own candidate is what is existing today in Surulere.

 

“Telling them that they will not be beneficiaries of some empowerment that is coming some other time. Please, this is not done and should not be done.”

 

He further alleged that the Local Government leadership openly backed another aspirant long before the primaries, adding that he initially chose to remain silent despite the alleged bias.

READ ALSO:  Serving APC Senator Dumps Party

 

“It is bad enough that the LGA and the local government already took a side months ago. The local government already took a side to support a particular aspirant,” he stated.

 

According to him, the level of support he enjoys within the constituency may have unsettled his political opponents.

 

“They were shocked to have seen the quantum number of people and supporters that we’ve had and who have followed us because they believe in justice and fair play,” he said.

 

Elliott also alleged that his Security Personnel were withdrawn under unclear circumstances.

 

“My security personnel was taken away from me yesterday for reasons best known to them. Now I am left alone to myself. What have I done?” he queried.

 

The lawmaker further raised concerns over possible violence during the primaries, alleging that plans were underway to mobilise people to disrupt the process.

 

“They are coming out to fight us. They want to bring people from outside and from within to cause mayhem and trouble,” he alleged.

READ ALSO:  2027: PDP Faction Set To Screen Over 3000 Aspirants

 

He appealed to party leaders to intervene and ensure that the exercise is peaceful, transparent and credible.

 

“I want to ask our party chieftains, please investigate this matter,” Elliott said.

 

Despite his complaints, the Surulere lawmaker said he would accept the outcome of the primaries if the process is free and fair.

 

“By the grace of God, if I, Desmond Olusola Elliott, win, Alhamdulillah. If I lose, I will throw my support behind the winner. But please let it be under a free and fair election,” he added.

 

He also urged his supporters not to be intimidated, assuring them that adequate security would be provided during the exercise.

 

Elliott further used the video to campaign for other APC Candidates, including Wasiu Eshilokun, Kadri Obafemi Hamzat and Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

 

There has been crisis in Surulere 1, as allegations are rife that the Chief of Staff, CoS, to President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Femi Gbajabiamila has a Candidate he is sponsoring against Elliott. 

READ ALSO:  Alleged Wire-tapping Of NSA's Telephone Lines: Court Grants El-Rufai Tough Bail Conditions

 

Recall that last week, Gbajabiamila disclosed that he almost lost his job, following the role Elliott played in the planned removal of Mudashiru Obasa as the Speaker of the Lagos State House of Assembly, despite him warning Elliott to back out.

 

Following this development, Elliott had come out to apologize to him, saying that he was only a Kid, seeking forgiveness from him.

 

Though Elliott’s apology was termed as late and dead on arrival, as his Fourth Term Bid in LAHA could be marred, with insinuations rife that there is a lady that is tipped to replace Elliott.

 

No doubt, the allegations by Elliott is expected to further deepen concerns over internal divisions within the APC in Surulere amid growing claims of candidate imposition and factional rivalry ahead of the party primaries.


Discover more from The Source

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

The Source Magazine

Share your story or advertise with us: WhatsApp: +2348174884527, Email: [email protected]

Your Comment Here

More articles