NewsAtiku Calls For Security Reform, Condemn Murder Of Nabeeha

Atiku Calls For Security Reform, Condemn Murder Of Nabeeha

spot_img

By Akinwale Kasali

Access Bank Advert

Atiku Abubakar, Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Candidate at the 2023 Presidential Election has called for the immediate revamping of security architecture to curb the activities of kidnappers and bandits operating unchecked in the country.

The former Vice President spoke as he lamented the tragic death of Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar, who was killed by her abductors in Abuja.

Atiku said this is a major issue in which the security architecture of the nation needs to be re-addressed

In a Statement on his official handle on Sunday, Atiku expressed hus sadness over  the reports of the brutal murder of Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar, who was abducted with her siblings and has been in the custody of their abductors for almost two weeks.

READ ALSO:  'LP' Rejects Supreme Court Judgement, Insists Abure Remains Chairman

He wrote, “This is yet another reminder that kidnappers and bandits are operating unhindered in our country.

“The security architecture needs to be rejigged to the extent that it stems the free rein of criminal elements and guarantees the safety of lives and property.

“The security agencies should step up action to rescue the rest who are still in the custody of the kidnappers”.

It would be recalled that bandits kidnapped Alhaji Mansoor Al-Kadriyar and his six children in the Bwari Area Council of the Federal Capital Territory.

The deceased, Nabeeha, was among the six children of Alhaji Mansoor Al-Kadriyar.

READ ALSO:  Bayelsa Commissioner To Tinubu: "Nobody Gets Votes For The President By Insulting The People"

She was laid to rest according to Islamic rites on Saturday.

Nabeeha was a 400-level biological science student at Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria.

Others abducted include: Najeebah (500 level, Quantity Surveying), Nadheerah (300 level, Zoology)

The kidnappers had earlier contacted the family, demanding N60 million ransom, but now increased to N100 million after Nabeeha’s murder.

The incident sparked a public outcry on social media, prompting Nigerians to seek justice for Nabeeha and the release of her siblings.

However, Olumuyiwa Adejobi, spokesperson, Nigeria Police Force while responding to a post by Ahmed Bashir, the former media aide to ex-President Muhammadu Buhari, said, “We have been working on it, but we need some info.

READ ALSO:  Adeleke’s N159 Billion Infra Plan: APC in Denial of Past Failures - Spokesperson Mallam Olawale Rasheed

“We will try our best possible to emplace all necessary measures to rescue them unhurt.

“But we need to get some information please.”


Discover more from The Source

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

The Source Magazine

Share your story or advertise with us: WhatsApp: +2348174884527, Email: contact@thesourceng.com

Your Comment Here

More articles

Discover more from The Source

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading